St. Peter’s Starts holiday season with advent programs for all ages
In the weeks leading up to Christmas, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Del Mar invites the community to join in three Advent programs that can enrich your holiday season:
• Sunday, Nov. 27: Come make Advent wreaths on the St. Peter’s patio. For November’s Faithful Families Event, kids can use wooden holders, greens, candles and ribbons to make pretty table wreaths that the family can light during the entire Advent season. The Faithful Families event happens at 10 a.m. on the patio, after the 9 a.m. family service.
• Wednesday mornings: At 10:30 a.m. every Wednesdays morning in Advent (11/30, 12/7, 12/15, and 12/21), come hear renowned author Gertrude Mueller Nelson talk about how to create meaningful holiday traditions in your home, for both the kids and adults in your family.
• Wednesday Evenings: During the Wednesday Evening Advent Program, we will make our way through the thought-provoking book Living with Hope: A Scientist Looks at Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany, written by physicist and Anglican priest Dr. John Polkinghorne. The evening program will meet each Wednesday in Advent (11/30, 12/7, 12/15, and 12/21) for a Soup Supper at 6 p.m., followed by discussion beginning at 6:30 p.m. The evening will conclude with Sung Compline. Copies of the book will be available at the first meeting, but it’s recommended that you purchase your own. For the first evening, plan on reading through page 23.
St. Peter’s is at 334 14th St. in Del Mar Village, one block east of the 101. For more information, contact Rev. Joseph Dirbas at 858-755-1616, x116.
- Feasts and festivities coming for Easter at St. Peter’s Del Mar
- Del Mar: This Saturday is movie night at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
- St. Peter’s Parish choir in Del Mar seeks more voices
- Downtown Del Mar celebrates the season with Annual Holiday Wonderland Event
- Pop Warner season starts up
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=29514