Canyon Crest Academy dance program to present ‘The GREEN One’
“The GREEN One,” complete with witches, flying monkeys, straw, tin fur and rubies, is a new take, created by Rayna Stohl, on the characters of Wicked and the Wizard of Oz. This amazing show will be presented by Canyon Crest Academy’s Envision Dance Conservatory on Dec. 7, 8 and 9 at CCA’s Proscenium Theater.
Pascal Rodriguez, who dances the character, Elphaba, takes the audience on a ride filled with twists and turns. Elphie discovers that the Wizard, who represents all that is wrong with her world, is her father. She embarks on a journey to end his reign. Along the way you see her friendships with some new friends, as well as some familiar ones like Glinda, the Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Man. You experience her struggles to show human love to her son, Liir, and her ease in loving creatures such as flying monkeys.
“’The GREEN One’ examines misperception, the abuse of power, the strength of familial ties and the beauty of compassion and equality,” explained Rayna Stohl, coordinator of CCA’s Conservatory and Envision Dance Programs.
- Canyon Crest Academy Instrumental Music Conservatory to present ‘Unaccompanied Minors’
- Canyon Crest Academy’s Envision Theater to present ‘Anon(ymous)’
- Canyon Crest Academy music program selected as semi-finalist for the Grammy Signature Schools Award
- Canyon Crest Academy’s Envision Theater to hold festival of one-act plays
- Another stellar show line-up coming to Canyon Crest Academy’s Envision Theater
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=29786