Torrey Pines Pop Warner Jr. Midget Cheerleaders win regionals and head to Florida
Congratulations to the Torrey Pines Pop Warner Jr. Midget (Intermediate) Falcons!
They cheered their way to another victory winning 1st place at the WESCON Regional Cheerleading Competition in Long Beach on Nov. 19. This huge win advances them to the Super Bowl of Cheer. They will join teams from all over the nation to compete in the Pop Warner National Cheerleading Competition held at Disney World in Orlando, Florida on Dec. 5-9.
The competition routines are judged on a combination of cheering, tumbling, stunting (pyramids, basket tosses, etc.) motion technique, jumps and dance as well as overall appeal. The total routine time is two and a half minutes. Intermediate squads must master complicated skills such as one-legged extended stunts, and advanced tumbling skills like back tucks and multiple back handsprings, and compete against very seasoned teams.
“I couldn’t be more proud of our cheerleaders, said Head Coach Alicia Smith. “They’ve worked hard practicing since August and have earned this trip to Florida. We’ve overcome injuries and obstacles, but this amazing group of girls have the determination and desire to win. This will be a fun trip for the team and I know the girls will shine and hopefully bring home another big trophy.”
- Torrey Pines Pop Warner takes Palomar titles in Pee Wee, Midget divisions
- Torrey Pines Falcons Pee Wee (novice) Cheerleaders shine in Wescon Regionals Competition
- Final Torrey Pines Pop Warner registration to be held April 20
- Torrey Pines Pop Warner’s Mighty Mite Falcons finish regular season undefeated
- Torrey Pines cheer team to compete in Vegas
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=29801