Video feature: It’s holiday time in Solana Beach!
Costumed puppeteers gracefully walking on pole stilts down South Cedros Avenue and towering over passing cars isn’t a sight you see every day. But if you’re a Solana Beach resident, it may be something that comes around once a year.
On Dec. 3, the Dragon Knights stilt show was one of several street performances that entertained shoppers and stollers at the Holiday Carivale, which takes place each year in the Cedros Design District.
Mango and Dango, a duo that excites audiences with acrobatics, dancing and fire-juggling, was also featured at the event, along with costumed music act Steam Powered Giraffe.
Businesses opened their doors to bigger-than-uaul crowds, and some entertained guests with food, drinks or music.
Photos and video by Claire Harlin
- Video feature: Arts Alive! in Solana Beach
- Video feature: Solana Beach Kids’ Halloween Carnival
- Video feature: Del Mar Taste and Art Stroll
- Video feature: Del Mar Mud Run
- Solana Beach Cinco de Mayo celebration
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=29926