Schools should be more proactive in addressing bullying
By Karen Ulvila
Ms. Daniels’ letter to the editor (published Dec. 22, titled “A gift like no other: Our daughter has returned”) was both frightening and heart warming. I am so very glad that Julia is once again enjoying her childhood and school.
And I am appalled that she was the victim of vicious bullying for so long. And I am confused as to why schools do not take a more active role in addressing this very serious problem. Julia is fortunate to have such a loving and courageous family.
- Solana Beach: Solana Santa Fe school sees results with program designed to help prevent bullying
- Bullying and the middle school years: The case for K-8
- Addressing a community need: the homeless of Del Mar
- Golf tickets pay off for local schools
- Golf tournament tickets help local schools
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=30378