Del Sol Lions, San Diego Blind Stokers help build float for Rose Parade
On Dec. 27, members of the Del Sol Lions Club and the San Diego Blind Stokers Club caravaned to Pasadena to help build the Lions float for the 2012 Tournament of Roses parade. The float theme is “A World at Peace” and was inspired by Miguel Senteno, who listened to the 2011 Rose Parade on television because his poor vision prevented him from watching it. As the Lions float came on the screen, Miguel heard the announcer mention Lions and sight, so he contacted his local Lions club and was invited to a meeting. The Lions made sure that he had the cataract and retina surgeries he needed and Miguel’s vision has now been completed restored for him to see the 2012 parade!
- Del Sol Lions help create 2011 Tournament of Roses Parade float
- Lions Club to partner with Blind Stokers Club
- Solana Beach: Del Sol Lions Club Charter president Dave Roberts honored
- Del Sol Lions support blind athlete competing in San Diego Triathlon Challenge
- Solana Beach’s Del Sol Lions support San Diego Food Bank
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=30445