Temporary North Torrey Pines Road closures start tonight, Jan. 6
Beginning tonight, Jan. 6 at 9 p.m., final demolition activities on the western half of the bridge will require the full closure of North Torrey Pines Road from the Torrey Pines State Beach parking lot to Carmel Valley Road to pedestrian, vehicular, and bicycle traffic until 6 a.m. on Monday Jan. 9.
Detours will divert southbound vehicular traffic to Carmel Valley Road and northbound traffic to Genesee Avenue, via Interstate 5. Pedestrians and bicyclists will be diverted around the closure via Carmel Valley Road and the Torrey Pines State Beach parking lot.
North County Transit District has arranged for bussing to accommodate Coaster and Amtrak rail passengers as all rail activities in the vicinity of the Torrey Pines Bridge will be halted this weekend to accommodate this construction activity.
Please visit the City of Del Mar’s Construction and TrafficUpdates page for the latest updates.
- North Torrey Pines Road closures Nov. 20-24
- North Torrey Pines Road to close evening of Sept. 16
- MAYOR’S VIEW: North Torrey Pines Bridge restoration begins
- Del Mar closer to work on North Torrey Pines Bridge
- Coaster, Amtrak service canceled; CHP announces road closures
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=30500