Arts Alive banners to embellish rock ‘n’ roll show in Solana Beach
The Belly Up Tavern’s best local bands show of the year is getting artsy.
Wag Halen’s Beach Cities Jam, a sumptuous smorgasbord of rock ‘n’ roll, is partnering with the 101 Artists’ Colony to produce an all-night embrace of audio-visual stimulation. Doors open at 7 p.m. for the 7:30 p.m. show on Wednesday, Jan. 18.
Painters and sculptors will display their work and stage live creations on the spot. Interactive artists will wander the floor. And fasten your seatbelts: The 2012 Arts Alive banners — the ones that will adorn the Coast Highway this spring in Encinitas — many of them will be unveiled in a special sneak preview.
The entertainment lineup includes The Grass Heat, Wag Halen, Los Beautiful Beasts, Shifter and The Flounders. Many other surprises are expected.
Tickets cost $10 and can be purchased at www.bellyup.com.
- Arts Alive banners hand-painted by local artists
- Solana Beach ‘Arts Alive on the Coastal Rail trail’ event back Oct. 2
- Video feature: Arts Alive! in Solana Beach
- Solana Beach artist wins show’s top prize
- Solana Beach Art Association celebrates the holidays with arts reception
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=30545