Del Mar Fair board officers elected
By Joe Tash
Members of the 22nd District Agricultural Association board elected Adam Day and Frederick Schenk as president and vice president for 2012 at their meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 10.
Day was appointed to the agricultural board in 2008 and his four-year term expires this Sunday, Jan. 15. Schenk was one of five new members appointed to the board in August by Gov. Jerry Brown.
As of this Sunday, the terms of three members of the nine-member panel will have expired: Day, Russ Penniman and Ruben Barrales. Penniman’s term expired in January 2010 and Barrales’ will expire on Sunday.
Director Michael Alpert recently stepped down from the panel, meaning that Brown will soon have the option of appointing up to four new members to the board.
Day said he has applied for a new four-year term, and does not know when the governor is expected to make new appointments.
- Del Mar fair board members raise potential conflict of interest
- Governor releases three 22nd District Agricultural Association board members
- Governor appoints new Del Mar Fairgrounds board members
- Del Mar fair board renews food and beverage contract amid labor negotiations
- Fair board renews food and beverage contract amid labor negotiations
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=30585