Parent Effectiveness Training expert to present new course
P.E.T. (Parent Effectiveness Training) comes to Santa Fe Montessori School in Solana Beach Monday nights, Jan. 23-March 19. Taught by Catherine Dickerson, L.C.S.W., M.Ed., the parenting course is unique in its focus on helping parents to nurture their children’s ability to think for themselves, while arming parents with skills to communicate exactly what behaviors are unacceptable, and the problems those behaviors are causing.
The “Method III” win-win approach to problem solving allows everyone to get their most important needs met, with a deep respect for the individuality and intelligence of each parent and child. The eight-session course for parents of children of all ages runs from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuition is a discounted $250 per person, $375 per couple, and includes a workbook and textbook. Contact Catherine Dickerson, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up.
- Parent Participation Pre-school helps educate parents about early childhood development
- Expert: Teen Web friendships helpful
- International autism expert to address parents
- ADHD Center for Success offers rounded approach
- The Parent Connection at Scripps hosts its first Spring Soiree
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=30754