Solana Highlands student collects shoes for people in need in Africa
Ayana Johnson, 6, a first grade student at Solana Highlands Elementary School was inspired by a flyer that she read about people needing shoes around the world.
Ayana, was so passionate about collecting shoes for the needy that she went around her neighborhood and school, collecting more that 150 pairs of shoes for people in need in Africa.
The organization soles 4 souls (www.giveshoes.org) will receive all the shoes that Ayana collected — Ayana has definitely played her part in changing the world one pair at a time!
- Carmel Valley family helps people in need globally through shoe donations
- Carmel Valley fourth-grader sells bracelets to raise money for Africa
- Del Mar, Solana Beach residents help bring food, medicine to East Africa
- Torrey Pines High School student’s April 23 miniature golf tournament to raise funds for people in need
- Avenue Shoes has the remedy for weary soles
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=30853