Del Mar Schools Education Foundation fundraising deadline is April 30
Del Mar Schools Education Foundation is entering into its rush season of fundraising before the April 30 deadline.
Many schools will be hosting jogathons and fairs in the coming months to help raise money toward the $2 million goal to fund the district’s Extended Studies Curriculum (ESC) program, which includes science, technology, PE, art and music.
President Drew Isaacman said that 601 families have so far contributed $425,000 and he continues to be impressed with the community’s generosity.
“We’re running a little behind last year, but I’m confident we’ll raise the same [amount] of money we have in the past,” Isaacman said.
A contribution of $800 per child is needed to keep current programs intact. Last year the foundation funded 13 full-time equivalent ESC positions across the eight schools. The current fundraising would fund only four positions for the 2012-13 at the schools.
Learn more about the foundation and giving at www.delmarkids.org
— Reported by Karen Billing
- Del Mar Schools Education Foundation calls fundraising drive a success
- Del Mar Schools Education Foundation presents check to Del Mar school board
- Fundraising deadline looms in quest to save extended studies
- Del Mar education foundation ahead of pace
- Education fund’s mission hasn’t changed
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=30904