Del Mar tightens restrictions on lagoon
The Del Mar City Council on Feb. 6 adopted an ordinance prohibiting boating and fishing in the San Dieguito Lagoon and along the shoreline. The law will go into effect on March 7.
The move follows a Jan. 23 public hearing in which there was no opposition to the ordinance. The change of ordinance entails the addition of signage around the lagoon, which is estimated to cost the city about $800.
The council action seeks to protect the biodiversity of the habitat, which is “important to the protection of the public’s health and general welfare,” states the ordinance.
- Del Mar increases protection of San Dieguito Lagoon
- Del Mar explores fishing, boating ban on lagoon
- Lagoon life to be revealed
- Del Mar council OKs more off-hour parking options
- Lagoon panel’s response to fairgrounds plan restricted
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=31449