Annual Spring Home/Garden Show to be held at Del Mar Fairgrounds
Now in its 27th year, the Spring Home/Garden Show returns to Del Mar Fairgrounds for a three-day extravaganza of inspiring displays and home-product sales booths, real gardens, hands-on demonstrations, educational seminars, and face-to-face consultations with top experts—all with the convenience of one-stop shopping for everything pertaining to home and garden, inside and outside.
Produced by Westward Expos, the event takes place March 2-4.
The Show focuses on San Diego-area experts, services, products, and businesses. Visitors find everything they need to save time and money improving, refreshing, or remodeling their home and outdoor surroundings—from the latest in appliances to garden lighting, from fencing to security systems, from baths to sunrooms.
In addition to a huge main hall where hundreds of exhibitors showcase the newest products and hottest trends, all at special low show prices, the show offers several unique home and garden features (included in admission) that provide extraordinary added value. These truly set the Spring Home/Garden Show apart from all imitators.
• Tour “The Garden Masters,” the largest and best collection of display gardens created expressly for any weekend expo. Enjoy 20 theatrically lit gardens created specifically for this year’s Show by professional landscape architects, designers, and contractors. Emphasizing a “Water Smart” theme, the gardens will illustrate how to create strikingly attractive gardens, while at the same time conserving precious water resources.
• “Ask The Experts” allows attendees to consult face-to-face with experts and chapter representatives of professional organizations and even building department representatives. All consultations are complimentary in the “Ask the Experts” area.
• Visit the “All About Gardens” areas for free garden-related seminars throughout the weekend (five hours total each day) and gain priceless knowledge from top San Diego garden experts, including authors Debra Lee Baldwin, Pat Welsh, and Nan Sterman. Topics like “How to Have A Beautiful, Water Smart Yard” include instruction on designing with succulents, creating sustainable landscapes, clearing the yard of thirsty plants, the latest efficient water delivery hardware, information and visuals on recommended plant materials, and a docent-led walking tour of an impressive display garden containing many of the suggested plant materials.
• In “The Garden Marketplace” select from hundreds of varieties of plants on sale direct from San Diego-area garden and plant societies, clubs, and other local growers—who also enjoy giving planting tips and advice.
Bargains? The Spring Home/Garden Show is a home and garden shopper’s paradise. Special pricing is a big attraction for any homeowner looking for deep one-time-only savings. The Marketplace is also an ideal opportunity to easily arrange for multiple bids on any home project, be it shutters, doors, windows, skylights, or hundreds of other essentials. Save TIME and money!
Show hours are: Friday, March 2, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday, March 3, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; and Sunday, March 4, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission: $8.00; children under 12 are free. Seniors: only $1 on Friday. After 3 pm daily, all tickets $6.00. Discount tickets on the show’s website are $6.00. For more information visit: www.springhomegardenshow.com.
- Fall Home/Garden Show coming to Del Mar Fairgrounds Sept. 16-18
- Lighting the way to conservation
- Work at Home Business Expo coming to Del Mar Fairgrounds
- ‘Alternative spring break’ brings help to SDJA garden
- Del Mar May Day Garden Party fundraiser to be held at the Powerhouse
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=31760