Carmel Valley house fire caused by space heater malfunction
By City News Service
A space heater malfunction was blamed for a house fire that destroyed much of a house and displaced a family of five in Carmel Valley Feb. 26.
The blaze began about 3:15 a.m. in a bedroom of a two-story house on Capstone Drive near Grayson Drive, a few blocks away from Torrey Pines High School, a San Diego Fire-Rescue dispatcher said.
Firefighters extinguished the flames in about 30 minutes.
The fire cause an estimated $300,000 in damage, $200,000 to the structure and $100,000 to its contents, the dispatcher said.
The family, two adults and three children, was not injured, she said.
Fire investigators determined that the fire was ignited by a space heater.
- Carmel Valley house fire caused by space heater malfunction
- Firefighters knock down Carmel Valley house fire
- SDFD reacts quickly to CV house fire
- Fire damages six Del Mar condos
- Clairemont house fire displaces residents
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=32012