Carmel Valley house fire caused by space heater malfunction

By City News Service

A space heater malfunction was blamed for a house fire that destroyed much of a house and displaced a family of five in Carmel Valley Feb. 26.

The blaze began about 3:15 a.m. in a bedroom of a two-story house on Capstone Drive near Grayson Drive, a few blocks away from Torrey Pines High

School, a San Diego Fire-Rescue dispatcher said.

Firefighters extinguished the flames in about 30 minutes.

The fire cause an estimated $300,000 in damage, $200,000 to the structure and $100,000 to its contents, the dispatcher said.

The family, two adults and three children, was not injured, she said.

Fire investigators determined that the fire was ignited by a space heater.

Related posts:

  1. Firefighters knock down Carmel Valley house fire
  2. SDFD reacts quickly to CV house fire
  3. Fire damages six Del Mar condos
  4. Clairemont house fire displaces residents
  5. House fire in Del Mar extinguished

Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=31985

Posted by Staff on Feb 27, 2012. Filed under Carmel Valley, News, carmel valley. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Archives

Facebook

Bottom Buttons 1

Bottom Buttons 2

Bottom Buttons 3

Bottom Buttons 4

Bottom Buttons 5

Bottom Buttons 6

LA JOLLA NEWS

RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

RSS RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

  • Rancho Santa Fe resident among seven new trustees joining UC San Diego Foundation Board
    Proactive stewards, higher education advocates and expert financial strategists, UC San Diego Foundation trustees play an important role in cultivating community partnerships and garnering resources to support UC San Diego research, teaching and public service initiatives. Trustees govern the Foundation, including managing net assets totaling $717 million, i […]
  • Rancho Fire District to recognize Fire Prevention Week with two events
    National Fire Prevention Week is Oct. 5-11, and the Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District (RSFFPD) will host two community events to recognize the annual awareness campaign. The first will be an Open House from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Oct. 4 at RSF Fire Station 2, 16930 Four Gee Road in 4S Ranch. Guests will be able to tour the fire station and traini […]
  • New Rancho Santa Fe Library Branch Manager welcomes community input
    Rancho Santa Fe Library’s new Branch Manager Haley Kwon has been charmed by the village’s “sweet, down-home” character, the simple pleasure of visiting the local library and people’s enjoyment of a slower speed of time. “It’s a small town and the library is a place for people to connect,” Kwon said. “People have a different sense of time here, they come in t […]