Hefty public transportation system needed if One Paseo built
One Paseo would be a WONDERFUL asset to Carmel Valley, even in its expanded form, PROVIDED that a hefty public transportation system was installed from University City to Via de la Valle, along El Camino Real.
This should be the extension from the new trolley line to University City. The developer should pay for this, since the City is too lame and shortsighted to finance it. BART was smart enough to install a rail line from San Francisco to Walnut Creek BEFORE the area along it was built up further. Same should be true for the City of San Diego. If this is not done, do NOT grant a permit for any further commercial or residential development along El Camino Real.
resident since 1989
- Hefty public transportation system would be needed for One Paseo
- The struggles of public transportation
- Carmel Valley: Public comment period on Kilroy project coming soon
- One Paseo will help community’s economy
- Public provides input on high-speed rail
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=32228