Carmel Valley Middle School students selected for state honor bandEvery year the California Band Directors Association and the Southern California Schools Band and Orchestra Association hold auditions for the junior high and high school honor bands for young musicians across the state and Southern California. Few students out of hundreds of applicants are selected via a recorded audition of preselected repertoire and scales. These students prepare for months. Such hard work has paid off for Carmel Valley Middle School. The following students were selected to the CBDA Junior High School Honor Band: Yubin Huh (flute), Kaylah Saltzman Bravo (percussion), Ethan Carter (trumpet), Jessica Chun (clarinet), Josh Goldstein (trumpet). Yubin Huh (flute), Kaylah Saltzman Bravo (percussion) were both selected for SCSBOA.
These students would like to thank their band director, Scott Drecsel, for his encouragement and their private teachers for their guidance: Elena Yarritu (flute), Frank Glasson (trumpet), and Vladimir Goltsman (clarinet).
- Carmel Valley Middle School music program flourishes
- Carmel Valley Middle School Advanced Acting/Drama students shine in two full-length fall productions
- Carmel Valley Middle School promotes healthy lifestyle during Red Ribbon Week
- Carmel Valley Middle School seeks community help to upgrade school technologies
- Carmel Valley Middle School students donate bikes for Ghana
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=32693