Carmel Valley mother accused of killing son to appear in court
By City News Service
A Carmel Valley woman accused of killing her 4-year-old son at the family’s Torrey Hills-area apartment was to be arraigned at the San Diego Courthouse the afternoon of April 4.
Police say 36- year-old Patricia Corby flagged down a police sergeant Saturday morning, March 31, and asked for help with her son, who was in her car unconscious and not breathing.
Detectives later arrested Corby on suspicion of murder. Daniel Corby reportedly had some form of autism. He turned 4 last week.
An autopsy has been conducted, but a cause-of-death ruling was on hold pending completion of further postmortem tests, the medical examiner reported.
Police disclosed no suspected motive for the alleged domestic slaying in the 4600 block of Torrey Circle. The boy’s father was at work at the time of his son’s death, police said.
- Carmel Valley mother arrested on suspicion of killing son
- Man accused of killing mother in Solana Beach and mutilating her body found incompetent to stand trial
- Man accused of attempting to steal $7.5M from La Jolla exec faces court date
- Judge orders mental competency evaluation for man accused of killing mother
- Carmel Valley mother and son share invaluable advice though book ‘A Full Life with Autism’
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=33347