Expert to discuss the ‘Science of Surfing’ at Solana Beach Library
On Tuesday, April 17, at 6:30 p.m., at the Solana Beach Library, the Friends of the Library are hosting a presentation by Professor David Sandwell on the “Science of Surfing.” Sandwell is a professor of geophysics at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego and an avid surfer.
In addition to his research and teaching, his activities range from advising NASA and the National Research Council on marine geophysical initiatives to popular presentations to incoming freshmen on the science behind surfing.
The Solana Beach Library is located at 157 Stevens Avenue, Solana Beach (858-755-1404). This program is free to the public.
- Solana Beach Library to hold audio downloading workshops
- Solana Beach Library to hold special Friends Night Out event
- Solana Beach Library to sell books for half-price
- Solana Beach Library to host speaker on mental health
- ‘Surfing Madonna’ may be coasting into Solana Beach
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=33398