Del Mar animal hospital gets renovation, new ownership
By Claire Harlin
A walk to Dog Beach, a stroll through the San Dieguito Lagoon and a stop-in to Free Flight Exotic Bird Park. Sounds like not only a nice Del Mar outing, but also a typical day at the veterinarian for clients of Animal and Bird Hospital of Del Mar.
“Our clients love to walk to the beach while their pets have services done,” said Layne Havens, co-owner of the hospital. “It’s not dreadful for our clients to go to the vet. It’s really fun, and if they have kids, the kids love it too.”
Havens, along with fellow veterinarian Steve Mira, took over ownership of the hospital, located at 2132 Jimmy Durante Blvd., only a few months ago, and they say the experience has already been incredibly rewarding. Not only that, but they are in the process of an extensive renovation.
The two previously worked together for three years at Pacific Petcare in Carmel Valley, and they came together with a common vision of offering comprehensive care and top-notch boarding in a comfortable, high-quality, friendly environment.
For full article visit www.ranchosantafereview.com/?p=9039.
- Sanctuary takes wing with new status
- Carmel Valley Unit of Rady Children’s Hospital Auxiliary to host ‘Spring Boutique 2012’ March 6 at CRUSH
- Puppy Love 5K is a fundraiser for animal center
- Woman falls off cliff at Fletcher Cove, airlifted to hospital
- Fashion Valley mall to undergo $15M renovation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=33958