East Ocean Air speed limit to be lowered
As a result of a request from the Torrey Hills Community Planning Board, the speed limit on a stretch of East Ocean Air Drive will be lowered from 40 miles per hour to 35 miles per hour.
Councilmember Sherri Lightner delivered the good news at the April 17 meeting and said the new signs would be posted in the next 30 days.
In December, the speed limit was increased from 30 to 40 miles per hour from the Carmel Mountain Road intersection at the Vons shopping center, up the hill and down to the stop sign at Senda Acuario where the speed limit drops down again as it nears Torrey Hills School. The planning board requested the limit be lowered at its January meeting.
Lightner said that there have also been requests for stop signs and crosswalks to make East Ocean Air Drive more pedestrian-friendly and several intersections, like Vereda Sol Del Mar and Vereda Sol Del Dios, are currently being reviewed by the city.
— Karen Billing
- Letter to the Editor: More safety measures needed for East Ocean Air Drive area
- State agency rallies support for high-speed train
- Sanders: City stands ‘firmly behind high-speed rail’
- Torrey Hills planners to discuss proposal to remove area from Carmel Valley District 1
- County leaders keep high-speed rail on the table, despite conflicting views
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=33889