SFC’s Teddy Oitzman shoots 5 under par to win Las Vegas Championship
Teddy Oitzman, an 8th grade student at Santa Fe Christian School, shot 5 under par 139 to win the Las Vegas Championship recently at Primm Valley Golf Club. Over the two-day tournament, Oitzman carded 3 eagles, 9 birdies and 15 pars en route to the win. Although he won the tournament by two strokes, he birdied the last two holes to secure the championship.
“It was a great golf course that set up well for my game. I was hitting the ball pretty well going into the tournament and was able to keep it going and make some putts,” said Oitzman.
The tournament is part of Future Champions Golf World Series Events sponsored by Callaway. It featured nearly 200 of the best players in the western United States and is one of six World Series events. The win earned Oitzman an invitation to the Callaway Junior World Golf Championship at Torrey Pines this summer.
- Rolex Girls Junior Championship comes to the Ranch
- Surf Boys U8 White Team wins U9 Championship
- Late Falcons comeback falls short in championship game
- Samsung World Championship tees off at Torrey Pines with Pro-Am
- Del Mar Surf’s under 17 girls team wins national championship on ESPN
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=33975