Calendar of events: Encinitas Fair; Bridal Bazaar; Belly Up fundraiser: Grade Point Church food drive; Torrey Hills Boutique
•Are you in the mood for some free family fun and entertainment? Then make your way to the 29th Annual Encinitas April Street Fair on Saturday, April 28, and Sunday, April 29. The fair opens at 9 a.m. and will close at 5 p.m. both days. There will be something for everyone with roughly 450 vendors selling clothes, accessories, plants, household products, environmental products, art, antiques, home décor, and of course, a variety of delicious food. For more information visit DEMA’s website www.encinitas101.com.
• The Bridal Bazaar, San Diego’s largest wedding planning expo, returns to the Del Mar Fairgrounds on Sunday, April 29, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Call (760) 334-5500 or visit www.BridalBazaar.com
• A star-studded roster of some of Southern California’s finest blues, roots and rockabilly musicians will assemble at the Belly Up Tavern beginning at 7 p.m. Monday, April 30 to raise money for award-winning local blues singer, Candye Kane, who is fighting a resurgence of pancreatic cancer.
The multiple San Diego Music Award-winning singer and Oceanside resident, who recently returned from a European tour, will undergo surgery at Ceders-Sinai Medical Center on April 27.
A musical play about her life, “The Toughest Girl Alive,” sold out performances at San Diego’s Moxie Theatre. She has been nominated for the 2012 BB King Entertainer of the Year Award and Best Contemporary Blues Female.
The benefit will feature performances by Grammy Award-winning guitarist Dave Alvin, R&B singer Javina Magness, The Beat Farmers, Tommy Castro, Rick Estrin & the Night Cats, Debbie Davies, Earl Thomas and Kim Wilson.
The Belly Up Tavern is at 143 S. Cedros Ave. in Solana Beach. Tickets are $30 in advance, $32 at the door, through (858) 481-8140 or bellyup.com.
•Grace Point Church has partnered with Friends & Family Community Connection to help feed hungry children in Honduras through a “Faith In Action Sunday” event on April 29. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., church members will work alongside members of the local community to package the food.
Grace Point Church is located in Carmel Valley. Grace Point Church is located at 13340 Hayford Way, San Diego, CA 92130; 858-481-0424; www.gracepointsd.com.
• Torrey Hills Elementary School will hold a PTA-sponsored Spring Boutique on Friday, April 27, from noon-7 p.m. at Torrey Hills Elementary School (10830 Calle Mar De Mariposa, San Diego, 92130).
More than 20 vendors will be showcasing their spring collections. There’s something for everyone — clothing, jewelry, housewares and gourmet treats.
- Carmel Valley church to hold food packing event to feed the homeless
- Find unique items at the Torrey Hills PTA’s Spring Boutique April 27
- Bridal Bazaar coming to Del Mar Fairgrounds April 10
- Solana Beach benefit will raise money for singer’s cancer surgery
- Treasure Box, Grace Point Church bring affordable food program to area
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=34297