Head-on collision in Carmel Valley leaves two people injured
By City News Service
A collision in Carmel Valley that may have been caused by reckless driving left two people hospitalized.
A white BMW and a black vehicle were speeding and weaving through northbound traffic in the 12500 block of El Camino Real about 8:10 a.m. Friday, April 27, when the accident occurred, San Diego police Officer Frank Cali said.
The driver of the BMW lost control and veered into oncoming traffic, striking a Jeep head-on, he said.
The Jeep driver, a woman in her 40s, suffered back and neck injuries, and the BMW driver, a man in his 40s, suffered a serious leg injury, Cali said.
Both were taken to a hospital, he said.
The driver of the black vehicle drove off, he said.
- Two injured in morning crash in Sorrento Valley
- Couple seriously injured in motorcycle collision
- Police officer injured in Carmel Valley
- Local man severely injured in apparent suicide attempt
- Carmel Valley car wash robbed
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=34421