Del Mar Schools Education Foundation campaign fundraising deadline extended to May 7
By Karen Billing
The Del Mar Schools Education Foundation’s annual campaign deadline has been extended from April 30 to May 7, according to Drew Isaacman, foundation president.
The extra week gives time to close the gap in funding Extended Studies Curriculum teachers for next year. As of April 30, 1,650 district families have contributed a total of $1,050,000. That was up from the $960,000 reported at last Wednesday’s board meeting.
The foundation still needs an additional $230,000 to match last year’s campaign total and fund the same number of ESC teachers that benefit the children in the subjects of technology, PE, science, art and music.
“ESC is world class at this district and I know we have passionate parents,” Isaacman said last week at the meeting. “I plea to put any issue or message behind by not contributing and take advantage of these last days.”
Anyone can help the foundation meet its goals by contributing online at www.delmarkids.org by May 7. A new video showcasing the benefits of the ESC program can be found on the DMSEF home page.
- Del Mar Schools Education Foundation fundraising deadline is April 30
- Del Mar Schools Education Foundation calls fundraising drive a success
- Del Mar Schools Education Foundation entering home stretch for contributions deadline
- Del Mar Schools Education Foundation presents check to Del Mar school board
- Fundraising deadline looms in quest to save extended studies
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=34500