Carmel Valley Girl Scout a top seller for Operation Thin MintGirl Scout and Rancho Santa Fe resident Veronica (Roni) Nelson was is this year’s Operation Thin Mint’s top cookie seller, clocking in at a whopping 4,082 boxes! Roni — along with Melissa Thomas of Rancho Santa Fe (3,009 boxes) and Caroline Sanborn (2,012 boxes) of Carmel Valley — were honored with other top cookie sellers on May 12, at Girl Scouts San Diego’s 11th annual Operation Thin Mint® Sendoff aboard the USS Midway. As top sellers (defined by those who reach 2,012 or more boxes sold in 2012), the girls had the opportunity to ride in a helicopter at OTM and join other VIPs on stage and at a special reception.
Since 2002, San Diego Girl Scout troops and their cookie customers have sent more than 2 million boxes of America’s favorite cookies and countless notes of support to deployed troops serving in Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, Japan, Korea, and the Persian Gulf, Western Pacific and Indian Ocean.
- Carmel Valley Girls Scouts honored
- Carmel Valley residents earn prestigious Girl Scout Gold Award
- Girl Scout volunteers her time to build a garden for the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito
- Volunteer gets jail sentence in Girl Scout theft
- Carmel Valley Girl Scouts complete Cyber Savvy workshop
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=35123