Carmel Valley Middle School Drama presents ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’
By Susan Farese
Carmel Valley Middle School Drama Department Director/Teacher Katrina Peterson directed William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” May 16-19. Nearly 50 proud 7th and 8th grade actors and crew presented the full-length, five act “Steampunk” production to eager audiences at the school’s Performing Arts Center.
Featured cast included Kenan Bouzida as Lysander, Michaela Allen as Hermia, Margaux Paul as Helena, Jacob Surovsky as Demetrius, Wyatt Whitman as Theseus, Miranda Lee as Hippolyta, Lauren Bitter as Titania, Nick Zimmer as Puck,Arshia Rostami as Oberon, Yarden Abed as Bottom and Ginger Gramson as Mistress Quince. The ensemble included fairies of the night, royal attendants, Oberon’s attendants, pirates, tavern maids and tavern guests. Mysterious Fairies of the night performed modern dances and actors dazzled with stage combat.
Photos by Marlo Surovsky
- Carmel Valley Middle School Advanced Acting/Drama students shine in two full-length fall productions
- Music makes magic in Playhouse’s ‘Midsummer’
- Expert to discuss middle school years at Skyline School’s ‘Parent Education Night’
- ‘Midsummer’ holds sweet dreams for theatergoers
- Carmel Valley Middle School seeks community help to upgrade school technologies
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=35579