Carmel Valley Girl Scout #3 in sales for Operation Thin Mint
Girl Scout and Rancho Santa Fe resident Veronica (Roni) Nelson was this year’s Operation Thin Mint’s top cookie seller, clocking in at a whopping 4,082 boxes. Roni – along with Melissa Thomas of Rancho Santa Fe (3,009 boxes) and Caroline Sanborn (2,012 boxes) of Carmel Valley – were honored with other top cookie sellers on May 12, at Girl Scouts San Diego’s 11th annual Operation Thin Mint® Sendoff aboard the USS Midway. As top sellers (defined by those who reach 2,012 or more boxes sold in 2012), the girls had the opportunity to ride in a helicopter at OTM and join other VIPs on stage and at a special reception.
Since 2002, San Diego Girl Scout troops and their cookie customers have sent more than 2 million boxes of America’s favorite cookies and countless notes of support to deployed troops serving in Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, Japan, Korea, and the Persian Gulf, Western Pacific and Indian Ocean.
- Carmel Valley Girl Scout third in sales for Operation Thin Mint
- Carmel Valley Girl Scout a top seller for Operation Thin Mint
- Carmel Valley Girls Scouts honored
- Girl Scout father-daughter Hawaiian dance
- Carmel Valley residents earn prestigious Girl Scout Gold Award
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=35478