Ballet Arte Academy to present ‘Cinderella’
The classic fairy tale, “Cinderella” will be presented by Ballet Arte Academy of Ballet on June 9, at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at the David and Dorothea Garfield Theatre, Lawrence Family JCC, La Jolla.
“Cinderella” is a comedic ballet with vibrant sets and costumes, a cast of dancers ranging from ages 4 to 70 and set to the beautiful music of Strauss.The cast includes 12 year-old Michelle Kenyon, winner of the YAGP San Diego Hope Award and New York finalist. Michelle will dance a pas de deux partnered by Brian Warkentien.
All Ballet Arte participants of the YAGP San Diego 2012 will dance solo roles. Among them, Audrey Ponder, who qualified in the top 12 junior women.
Tickets for “Cinderella” are available at the JCC Box Office: (858) 362-1348 or on-line: www.lfjcc.org
Ballet Arte Academy of Ballet: www.balletarte.com (858) 259-5505.
(Right) Pictured at rehearsal for “Cinderella” are (left-to-right): Michelle Kenyon, Brian Warkentien and Audrey Ponder. They are all 12 years old.
- Ballet Arte Academy students accepted to prestigious ballet schools this summer
- Ballet studio celebrates anniversary
- Carmel Valley resident admitted to prestigious American Ballet Theatre Summer Intensive program
- Teen trades his black belt for ballet shoes
- J*Company presents musical ‘Cinderella’
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=36255