‘‘Jockey for a Cause’’ benefit to be held in Rancho Santa Fe July 18
A star-studded party has been scheduled to raise funds for two charities that help disabled jockeys and others involved in horse racing.
The inaugural “Jockey for a Cause” Charity Event will take place July 18 at 6 p.m. (PDT) at the DeHaven Estate in Rancho Santa Fe, following opening day races at Del Mar Thoroughbred Club in Del Mar.
The party will be hosted by California horse owner Jeff DeHaven, who promises one of the best West Coast parties of the year. “Jockeys, trainers, celebrities, professional athletes from all sports and thoroughbred racing’s elite will be in attendance to support the event,” he said.
Tickets for “Jockey for a Cause” are available at www.pdjf.org. Further event and sponsorship information may be found at www.pdjf.org or www.tjcfoundation.org.
- Winning jockey arrested on suspicion of drunk driving
- ‘All Bets on Burlap’ fundraiser to benefit former racehorses
- Jockey hurt, horse euthanized on Del Mar’s opening day
- Solana Beach jockey thrilled to be back ‘on track’
- Opening day has record attendance
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=36818