Torrey Pines High School student selected to compete at Pula International Global Challenge Volleyball tournament
Chiara (C.C.) Schwab, a student at Torrey Pines High School, has accepted a position on the Southern California Volleyball Association’s High Performance Global Challenge Team. She was selected as one of 12 elite Southern California high school volleyball players to compete in the Pula
International Global Challenge Volleyball tournament. The team (which includes some of the best SoCal juniors, sophomores and freshmen) will travel to Italy, Hungary, Slovenia and Croatia this summer. The 10-day trip will include training with USA national coaches, sightseeing, and competing against other European youth national volleyball teams.
Chiara also plays club volleyball for the Encinitas Wave Volleyball Club, where her team is headed to the Junior Nationals in two weeks, and finished the season 7th in Southern California division 1 volleyball. C.C. has been playing club volleyball for only three years, and got her start at Coast Volleyball.
Before volleyball became her passion she was also a highly ranked junior tennis player. Were it not for girls volleyball and tennis being CIF fall sports, she would have loved to represent Torrey Pines High School in both sports.
For more information, visit www.scvahighperformance.com or http://scvahighperformance.d4sportsclub.com/page.aspx?id=154
- Torrey Pines High School student’s April 23 miniature golf tournament to raise funds for people in need
- Torrey Pines High School Botball Robotics team prepares for international tournament
- Torrey Pines freshman volleyball team tops at tournament
- Torrey Pines Rugby Club runs record 2-0 in Southern California High School League
- Carmel Valley: Torrey Pines volleyball player Alexa Armstrong signs with Northeastern
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=36739