Local youths perform in San Diego Junior Theatre’s ‘HONK!’
Eight local students are among the 45 cast members performing in San Diego Junior Theatre’s premiere of “HONK!,” a musical based on Hans Christian Anderson’s story “The Ugly Duckling”: Kaleolani Laymon of Del Mar; and siblings Sophie and Tess Maretz, Carson McCloskey, Avalon Robbins, Julie Dawson, Yuri Kitagawa and Katelyn Katz of Carmel Valley. It runs June 29 through July 15 at Balboa Park’s Casa del Prado Theatre on Fridays at 7 p.m. and weekends at 2 p.m.
Tickets range from $8 to $14 and are available online at juniortheatre.com or by calling (619) 239-8355. The July 14 show is being presented along with American Sign Language interpretation.
Recommended for children and adults alike, “HONK!” showcases the dedication and skills of dozens of San Diego Junior Theatre students, both onstage and behind the curtain.
- San Diego Junior Theatre presents Geppetto’s side of the story
- Seuss characters on stage in San Diego Junior Theatre production
- San Diego Junior Theatre brings Peanuts kids out to play
- Carmel Valley residents to perform in ‘Seussical the Musical’
- Junior Theatre stages ‘FAME’
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=37039