Three people in Del Mar severely burned by lantern

By Lauren Steussy, www.nbcsandiego.com
Three people suffered major burns after a decorative lamp fell on them at a Del Mar home the night of July 4, authorities said.|
The Rancho Santa Fe Fire Department was called to the residence near 24th St. at about 7:30 p.m., according the a department spokesperson.

Witnesses initially said there was an explosion near the house which caused the flames to reach several people nearby.

Fire authorities later determined a decorative sterno-style lamp dropped on the three people, apparently dousing them in gasoline and flames.

At least three people suffered second and third degree burns. The most critical patient was transported via helicopter to the UCSD medical center. The helicopter landed at the Winston School on 9th St.

For the entire story, visit  Three People Severely Burned by Sterno Lantern | NBC San Diego

Related posts:

  1. Possible arson fire extinguished
  2. SDFD reacts quickly to CV house fire
  3. Pot smoking ignites brush fire
  4. Head-on collision in Carmel Valley leaves two people injured
  5. Burned into memory

Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=37259

Posted by Staff on Jul 5, 2012. Filed under Carmel Valley, Del Mar, News, Solana Beach, carmel valley. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Archives

Facebook

Bottom Buttons 1

Bottom Buttons 2

Bottom Buttons 3

Bottom Buttons 4

Bottom Buttons 5

Bottom Buttons 6

LA JOLLA NEWS

RSS LA JOLLA NEWS

RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

RSS RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS