‘Times Square Kiss’ comes to Emeritus in Carmel Valley
As part of its nation-wide tour, the “Times Square Kiss” statue recently made a stop at Emeritus Senior Living in Carmel Valley.
The tour features a 500 lb., 6-foot version of acclaimed artist Seward Johnson’s famous 25-foot sculpture depicting the “Times Square Kiss” that took place on Aug. 14, 1945 — the day America learned that World War II was over. The larger sculpture was moved into Times Square for the first National Spirit of ‘45 Day in August 2010.
Once again, the Spirit of ‘45 campaign is traveling to cities and towns across America to promote the observance of National Spirit of ‘45 Day on the second Sunday in August.
For more information about the Spirit of ’45 Day public awareness campaign, visit www.Spiritof45.org or visit Spirit of ’45 on Facebook. For more information on Emeritus Senior Living in Carmel Valley, visit http://www.emeritus.com/california/san-diego-retirement-community/emeritus-carmel-valley
- Emeritus at Carmel Valley provides home-like, long-term care for seniors
- Torrey Corner Shopping Center in the Carmel Valley area sells for $6.1 million
- Kiss Me Kate coming to Canyon Crest Academy
- Del Mar Times writers win more journalism awards
- Carmel Valley woman turns 110
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=37747