Carmel Valley Middle School student to perform in local production of ‘Fiddler on the Roof’
In the early moments of “Fiddler on the Roof,” the dairyman and central character Tevye states that, “without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as…as a Fiddler on the Roof!” And so begins this tale of devotion, defiance, and tradition in one of the most popular Broadway musicals ever. “Fiddler on the Roof” comes to the stage of the Moonlight Amphitheatre as the second show in Moonlight Stage Productions’ 32nd summer season. “Fiddler on the Roof” will run from July 25-Aug. 11.
Megan Spector, a 7th grade student at Carmel Valley Middle School, will play the part of Shprintze, Tevye’s second to youngest daughter. Megan performed at Moonlight last summer in “Annie.”
Starring as Tevye is David Ellenstein, the respected director, actor, and Artistic Director of North Coast Repertory Theatre in Solana Beach. Ellenstein makes his Moonlight debut having appeared in more than 200 productions nationally and taking on more than three-dozen film and television roles. Joining him as his wife Golde is LA-based actress Victoria Strong, remembered for her portrayal of Mother in Moonlight’s award-winning and critically acclaimed production of Ragtime, Lily Vanessi in Kiss Me, Kate, and the Mother Abbess in The Sound of Music.
Tickets are on sale now and range from $15 to $50.
To purchase tickets or for more information, call (760) 724-2110 or visit moonlightstage.com.
- Carmel Valley residents perform in ‘Fiddler on the Roof’
- Carmel Valley nurse and actress to perform in Pickwick Players’ production of ‘The Crucible’
- Carmel Valley resident in Coronado School of the Arts’ production of Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Carmel Valley Middle School Advanced Acting/Drama students shine in two full-length fall productions
- Carmel Valley students to perform in ‘The Wizard of Oz’ at SD Civic Theatre
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=37820