Sports car valued at $250K stolen from local home
By City News Service
Authorities asked the public July 17 to keep an eye out for a rare and extremely pricey sports car stolen during a break-in at a Rancho Santa Fe home.
The blue-and-white 2005 Ford GT, which is valued at about $250,000, was taken within the last three weeks, sheriff’s Deputy Adriana Uribe said.
The vehicle is one of only about 4,000 of its kind in existence, according to Uribe. Its 5.4-liter supercharged engine alone is worth about $40,000, she said.
Uribe declined to disclose exactly where the burglary took place or the date on which it was reported, saying the lead detective on the investigation wanted those details withheld from the public.
Anyone with information was asked to call San Diego County Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477. Tipsters may remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
- Vouchers and gift cards stolen from nonprofit before Del Mar Fairgrounds event
- Home burglary thwarted in Lomas Santa Fe Estates
- Whooping cough case reported at local school
- Del Mar jewelry store robbed
- Arrest made in Solana Beach gang-related melee
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=37731