Pedestrian improvement work begins in Del Mar
As part of a pilot program to install wayside horns in the city of Del Mar, crews will begin construction of pedestrian crossing improvements at Coast Blvd.
Construction work will be completed in phases as to only require one sidewalk be closed at a time. Pedestrians are instructed to follow the detour around the work area and use the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street from construction. Work will not disrupt passenger rail service.
Pedestrian work began Aug. 13 and will continue through the end of the month.
Upon project completion, wayside horn technology will warn vehicles and pedestrians of approaching trains at the Coast Blvd. rail crossing and alleviate the requirement of trains to sound their horn as they approach the crossing.
For more information, contact Justin Fornelli, North County Transit District, at (760) 966-6594; (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- New train alerting system to be tested next week
- Wayside Horn Project moves forward, following 18 months of community fundraising
- Council endorses wayside horn plan
- AUDIO: Quieter wayside train horn tested in Del Mar
- Del Mar advances Wayside Horn Project
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=38688