Woman killed in Del Mar when hit by freight train
By City News Service
A freight train struck and killed a 42-year-old woman at a North County rail crossing early Aug. 16.
Denise Oberlercher of San Francisco was sitting on the tracks at Coast Boulevard and 15th Street in Del Mar when the northbound locomotive approached shortly after midnight, according to sheriff’s officials and the county Medical
Though warning bells and lights activated and the engineer of the train sounded his horn, Oberlercher did not move, authorities said. She died at the scene.
- Name of woman struck by train in Carlsbad released
- Woman dies after being hit by train in Carlsbad
- Pedestrian struck by Coaster, killed
- Name of woman killed in Torrey Highlands crash released
- Man killed when struck by Coaster identified
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=38962