Man accused of killing mother in Solana Beach to stand trial
By City News Service
A man accused of killing his mother and mutilating her body in her Solana Beach home in 2010 has been found mentally competent to stand trial.
Bryan Chang, 30, was arrested two days after the body of Sherry Chu Chang was found in January 2010, but was deemed incompetent and sent to a state mental hospital for treatment. A judge now says the defendant is able to understand the charges against him and can assist in his own defense. He is charged with murder and a special circumstance allegations of torture and murder for financial gain.
- Man accused of killing mother in Solana Beach and mutilating her body found incompetent to stand trial
- Judge orders mental competency evaluation for man accused of killing mother
- Judge orders mental competency exam for son accused of killing SB woman
- Solana Beach: Trial ordered on issue of mental competency for son accused of murder
- Man accused in killing pregnant woman must stand trial
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=39486