San Diego event calendar: autumn happenings along the coast
By Kelly Pottorff and Tammy Tidmore
Summer may be drawing to a close, but here in San Diego our fun in the sun is just getting started. Thanks to their unique coastal location and year-around sunny weather, San Diego and the surrounding communities like Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe and Carlsbad are great places to enjoy outdoor activities and events for all seasons. This fall, the San Diego event calendar features everything from live music and cultural performances to exhibitions, parades, food and beer festivals and sporting events. With so much to see and do, it is no wonder that San Diego is a prime destination – not only for vacationers but for full-time residents as well.
From tastes of Mexico and Brazil to seafood and local craft brews, and from bicycle races to full-fledged marathons, San Diego has something for everyone this September. Here are just a few highlights from this month’s event calendar.
- Taste at the Cove in La Jolla – September 6, 2012: Sample the best tastes and toasts of the San Diego coast at this star-studded event featuring food and drink from La Jolla’s premier restaurants, an open air fashion show, live music, dancing, auctions and more. www.tasteatthecove.com.
- Brazilian Day San Diego in Pacific Beach – September 9, 2012: Together with the Tour de Fat Bicycle Parade, the Brazilian Day festival features live music and dance performance, food, a beer garden and special brews and merchandise from New Belgium Brewing Company. Come to the beach to support bicycles as a sustainable transportation alternative, and indulge in a wild and delectable celebration. www.braziliandaysandiego.com.
- Challenge Walk Multiple Sclerosis in Carlsbad – September 21-23, 2012: See the length of the San Diego coast on foot while supporting a worthy cause at the 3-day, 50-mile Challenge Walk benefiting the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Test your limits and experience the adventure of a lifetime. www.mymschallenge.com.
Other events throughout the month include the SoCAL Festival (September 1), the Lifetime Torchlight Run 5K (September 6), Streetbeat (September 8), Fiestas Patrias (September 9) San Diego Heart Walk (September 15), San Diego Cancer Charity Festival of Beer (September 21) Tour de Poway (September 30) and so much more. To find out more about San Diego events throughout the year, and to discuss beach property sales in Del Mar, La Jolla, Carlsbad or Downtown, contact us at Willis Allen Real Estate by going online today: www.rsf.com.
- A&E events calendar
- Wine Guy: Wine and food event to benefit local children
- ‘Art in the Pines’ event to be held May 15 at Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
- CALENDAR: Upcoming events in North Coastal San Diego
- Christian music artists in town for Spirit West Coast
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=39477