Concert to raise money for Tijuana home build
Solana Beach resident Kathy Faller has been orchestrating home builds in and around Tijuana for years, having successfully put a roof over the heads of well over a dozen families. Working with the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of San Dieguito (UUFSD), Faller has also been doing junk pickups around Solana Beach for years, taking people’s unwanted items to those in Mexico who can use them.
A special event on Sept. 15 will help Faller with the expenses of an upcoming October home build. From 5:30 to 10 p.m., the UUFSD will open its outdoor amphitheater to the public and put on a show featuring five musicians: Peggy Watson, Drew Massicot, Chris Hassett, Dave Ploeser and Eric Hybertson. The music will start at 7 p.m. and a $25 donation will also include hearty appetizers and beverages.
This group of acoustic singer/songwriters have been widely embraced in the local jazz and pop scene for their contemporary folk stylings and powerful ballads.
“They have been known to move the audience from years to laughter with relevant and touching songs,” reads a flyer for the event.
The UUFSD amphitheater is located at 1036 Solana Drive, Solana Bech, 92024.
For more information, contact Faller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Del Mar student helps raise money to build home for family in need
- Solana Beach residents truck unwanted treasures, build homes in Mexico
- Solana Beach benefit will raise money for singer’s cancer surgery
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of San Dieguito speaker to present ‘Because God Loves Stories’
- Tennis tournament to raise money for ConKerr Cancer San Diego
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=39625