Bear sighting at Taste of Italy in Carmel Valley!
Did you see the bears outside of Taste of Italy Restaurant in Carmel Valley? Don’t worry, these bears are stuffed! They are part of a month-long promotion in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month for September.
David Bono, owner of the restaurant, is doing the promotion to raise money and awareness for childhood cancer and the Friends of Scott Foundation for Cancer Kids. Friends of SCott offers programs and services to help kids with cancer and their families. Their signature event is the Unforgettable Prom for those teens that can’t attend their own proms due to illness. So please stop by and make a donation to help these kids from Children’s Hospital, and you will be entered into a drawing to win and to take one of these adorable bears home!
Friends of Scott is also hosting the Annual Holiday for Hope Gala on Nov. 10 at the San Diego Hall of Champions to raise money for the foundation. If you are interested in sponsorship or buying a table, please contact Carmen at Friends of Scott at 619-993-2917 or Teresa Miller at 858-518-4202.You can also visit the website at www.friendsofscott.org.
- Taste of Italy to kick off Childhood Cancer Awareness Month for Friends of Scott Foundation
- Kids Korps makes pizzas for cancer foundation
- Special Taste of Piazza Carmel event to be held in Carmel Valley
- Polar Bear Plunge reopens at San Diego Zoo
- Golden State Flycasters’ annual fundraiser is April 28 in Carmel Valley
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=39880