Larry Brooks, Chuck Freebern, Bill Michalsky, Dick Raack, Tom Evangelisti.
Del Mar Cultural Arts opened the First Thursdays season Sept. 6 with the unique and celebrated Hot Pstrami! Hot Pstromi’s sound is a fusion of traditional klezmer, new Jewish music, Roma, Hasidic, world beat and Balkan music noted for long improvisational breaks.
Yale Strom (violin) is one of the world’s leading ethnographer-artists of klezmer and Roma music and history. Since organizing his band in 1981, his works have been performed by the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, San Diego Chamber Orchestra, Hausmann Quartet, Burdick-Thorne String Quartet and the Ostrava Philharmonic of the Czeck Republic. For more information go to www.delmarfoundation.org
Photos courtesy of Tanys Evangelisti
- Stories of women at First Thursday
- First Thursdays hosts ‘Scott Paulson, World Premier Radio Drama’
- First Thursdays hosts an evening with The Kristin Korb Duo
- Free concert offered at the library
- California String Quartet plays at First Thursdays
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=40182