USC Marching Band performs in Solana Beach
The USC Trojan Marching Band performed on South Cedros in Solana Beach Sept. 30 at an event to benefit Operation Rebound – Challenged Athletes Foundation.
Raising the flag to the national anthem was WWII Veteran and Bataan Death March survivor Lester Tenney, Clay Treska, medically retired Marine, survivor of stage 4 cancer and finisher of the Hawaiian Ironman World Championship in 2010. Also in attendance was Scott Leason, veteran blinded by a gunshot wound, along with Retired Marine Corps Major Nico Marcolongo, Program Manager of Operation Rebound.
The Challenged Athletes Foundation’s (CAF) Operation Rebound program is the premier sports and fitness program for American military personnel and veterans with permanent physical disabilities. It provides unparalleled opportunities to pursue active, athletic lifestyles by offering access to funding for equipment and training and competition expenses, Military Medical Center Physical Training and sports clinics. www.challengedathletes.org Photos/McKenzie Images
- Spring fashion luncheon benefit to be held at Flavor Del Mar
- Retired Solana Beach Marine Corps major helps veterans recover ‘visible and invisible’ injuries
- Riders finish Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge in La Jolla Shores
- Beach Blanket Movie Night in Solana Beach
- Triathlon Challenge has ‘bigger purpose’
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=40727