Author and foster mother to speak at Words Alive! event
Vanessa Diffenbaugh, author of “The Language of Flowers,” will be the guest speaker at the ninth annual Words Alive! Luncheon on Tuesday, Nov. 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Grand Del Mar.
The event will feature boutiques for shopping, a raffle, lunch, and literary program to raise funds for Words Alive! the non-profit that helps low-income, at-risk children, teens and adults discover how books can add meaning to their lives.
Martha Barnette, host of the public radio program, “A Way With Words,” will emcee the afternoon.
Author Diffenbaugh is the mother of six foster children. She will discuss her inspiring life journey, take questions from the audience and sign books after the program.
Tickets are $100 and include a copy of Diffenbaugh’s book as well as lunch. Table sponsorships are $1,500 for 10 guests.
To make reservations, contact Patrick Stewart at (858) 274-9673, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.wordsalive.org
- Bestselling author to speak at Nov. 10 luncheon
- First Thursdays features author Richard Lederer
- Local author to speak at civil rights event
- ‘Salad for Dinner’ author to sign books at Chino Farm event
- Author’s memoir about her mother’s childhood portrays the texture of life in Iran — pre-1979
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=41321