Carmel Valley student honored for support of Rady Children’s Cancer Fund
Anjali Haripriyan, a Sycamore Ridge School sixth grader, was recently honored in a special presentation at Rady Children’s Hospital for her contributions toward childhood cancer research. Over the summer, Anjali turned her 11th birthday party into a fundraiser, forgoing presents for donations and raising $390. She donated that money to the Del Mar/Solana Beach Optimist Club’s Rady Children’s Cancer Fund.
On Oct. 19, Anjali received special recognition at the hospital and toured the Ronald McDonald House. Anjali was honored by Carol D. Damon-Scherer, Rady Children’s interim executive director; Dawn Ivy, Rady Children’s community development officer; Audrey Eller, chair of the Optimist Childhood Cancer Campaign; and Optimist Susan Pfleeger.
In addition to her donation, Anjali also supported the hospital’s cause by participating in the Oct. 6 Shamu and You Family Walk at Sea World benefiting Rady. Anjali, as well as family and friends, walked with the Optimist Clubs of Southern California team.
The Optimist team of 112 walkers raised $2,846 for the charity.
- Student gives birthday donations to Optimist Club’s Rady Children’s Cancer Fund
- Optimist Club honored by Rady
- Optimists bring hope to children with cancer
- Carmel Valley Unit of Rady Children’s Hospital Auxiliary to host ‘Spring Boutique 2012’ March 6 at CRUSH
- Special pillowcases bring comfort to sick children
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=41465