Where are the protesters today?
Four years ago, at the corner of Del Mar Heights and El Camino Real, Carmel Valley residents were greeted on the weekends by upwards of 20 individuals with signs protesting the “illegal wars in Afghanistan and Iraq,” claiming that President Bush was a war criminal for this action, and urging the closing of the Guantanamo Bay facility. Who were these individuals and why are they not protesting today over President Obama’s continued “illegal” war in Afghanistan and operations at Guantanamo Bay? Where is the passion that was so clearly evidenced four years ago, or was there another agenda at play?
- Congressmen do not want Guantanamo prisoners at Camp Pendleton
- Large crowd, few protesters show up for Romney book signing in La Jolla
- Local writer meets the human faces of Gitmo
- Pro-pot lobby’s illegal ballot initiative
- Sheriffs seek information on bicyclist hit-and-run in Del Mar
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=41588