Roundabouts combined with traffic lights will not stop bottlenecks
By Karl Newmeyer
I am a longtime resident of Del Mar who is against Prop J for several reasons. Traffic concerns are foremost in my mind. In my opinion, the plan to change a large section of Camino del Mar to one lane makes no sense. During last weekend’s Del Mar Taste & Art Stroll, I noticed impatient drivers using parallel side streets (in residential neighborhoods) to avoid the hassle of the temporary lane closures, and one only has to look north to the traffic on 101 in Solana Beach during current construction to get an idea of what kind of slowing and bottlenecks will occur in Del Mar if Prop J is approved.
Roundabouts combined with traffic lights will not stop bottlenecks.
- No on Prop J: Camino del Mar is not suitable for roundabouts
- Studies show Prop J will improve traffic flow
- Prop J: The only hope for sensible traffic management
- Traffic negatives trump any possible positives — No on Prop J
- Is this what we want? Vote No on Prop J
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=41808