Cathedral Catholic High School wins Sea Otter Regatta
Cathedral Catholic High School (CCHS) took 1st place in Gold Division at the Sea Otter Regatta. The Sea Otter hosted by Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club is the first of five Pacific Coast Conference regattas in the 2012-2013 high school sailing season.
CCHS finished 1st with 64 points, Coronado HS in 2nd with 76, and Point Loma High School in 6th with 113. The top ten finishers from San Diego included Point JV in 7th and CCHS JV2 in 10th.
A record 59 teams completed 14 races during the weekend of Oct. 13-14. Sailing in crisp fall conditions the Dons were lead by Varsity Askipper Patrick Snow (senior)/crew Molly Pleskus (junior) and B skipper Storm Brown (junior)/crew Robbie Culkin (sophomore).
“This is a great way to start off the year and I am happy to see that our hard work so far has paid off,” said CCHS Sailing Coach Brian Stanford. “We still have room to improve though and will have a number of teams out there who are eager to beat us at the next regatta, so we have to keep working hard to stay on top.”
Cathedral Catholic High School returns to the water Nov. 9-11, in Alamitos Bay for the ISSA Singlehanded Nationals.
- Cathedral Catholic celebrates graduating class of 2010
- Cathedral Catholic High School’s Military Appreciation Day is March 24
- Student’s staph infection causes Cathedral Catholic High School to close for the day
- Cathedral Catholic High’s gala benefits its students
- Screening of film by Cathedral Catholic High School students to be held at Highlands
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=42026